Published By Stanley D. Baum, New York ERISA attorney, Of Counsel at Cary Kane LLP Handling matters in ERISA, employee benefits, disability, and employment law for employers, individuals and unions.
The Author’s seminars and quotes are the following:
- Participated as a panel member in the workshop entitled “ERISA Basics for Employment Lawyers”, presented at the New York State Bar Association’s Labor & Employment Law Section annual meeting on January 27, 2017.
- Participated as faculty in the webinar entitled “Structuring Equity Compensation and Nonqualified Deferred Compensation: Achieving Tax and Legal Objectives”, organized by Strafford Publications, November 8, 2016.
- Participated as faculty in the webinar entitled “Executive Compensation: Tax & Other Considerations”, organized by Strafford Publications, June 25, 2015.
- Participated as faculty in the webinar entitled “Structuring Restricted Stock Executive Compensation: Navigating Tax Consequences”, organized by Strafford Publications, June 20, 2014.
- Quoted in article entitled “STRATEGIC PERSPECTIVES: Premium stabilization programs will likely impact employer-provided health plan premiums” , appearing in Health Reform Week-Edge (Wolters Kluwer) April 9, 2014
- Participated as faculty in the webinar entitled “HSAs, HRAs and FSAs: Employee Benefits After the ACA and Latest DOL/IRS Guidance”, organized by Strafford Publications, November 19, 2013.
- Participated in panel discussing employer requirements in 2013 and beyond under the Affordable Care Act at the meeting of the Hauppauge Industrial Association Healthcare and Human Relations Committees on March 14, 2013.
- Gave a talk on what is coming in health care reform, entitled “What Must Employers Do, Now That The U.S. Supreme Court Has Upheld the 2010 Health Reform Act?” , at the Hauppauge Industrial Association Healthcare Committee meeting on July 16, 2012 (outline available upon request).
- Gave a talk on the Department of Labor’s new disclosure regulations, entitled “The New Service Provider and Participant Fee Disclosure Rules-What They Are And When They Apply”, at the Hauppauge Industrial Association HR Committee Meeting on May 10, 2012.
- Participated as faculty in the webinar entitled “Mastering the New EBSA Rules on Covered Plan Fee and Expense Reporting: Ensuring That 401(k) and 403(b) Plans Make Complete and Timely Disclosures”, organized by Strafford Publications, October 26, 2011.
- Gave seminar entitled “Healthcare Reform Legislation-How It Affects Employers (And How It Doesn’t)”, The Pyramid Club (Phila., PA), May 25, 2010.
- Quoted in “Getting a Handle on Health Care Reform “, Legal Intelligencer, April 14, 2010.
- Quoted Extensively in “Special Report-Attorneys Offer Strategies to Reduce Risk That They Will Become ERISA Fiduciaries”, Pension & Benefits Daily, March 5, 2010.
- Faculty Member of teleconference/webinar “Retiree Health Benefit Plans: Modifying and Terminating Legacy Benefits, Evaluating the Alternatives to Contain Costs and Minimize Litigation”, Stratford Publications, January 12, 2010.
- Quoted in Best’s Review Magazine, December 2007.